08 May 2013

Empty Products #1!

Hey guys!

I'm finally starting to work on this blog (and my YouTube channel)! It feels pretty good to be back. I thought an empties product post would be a good thing to start off with, so you can at least see what I was doing while I was gone. :) So, let's jump right in!





As you can see, there are a few things. To be honest, it takes me a while to go through products. I've never understood how bloggers and YouTubers do it. It seems like they go through 500 products in 2 months. I'll never understand it... just like I'll never understand how I've lost 247 pairs of socks since I started doing laundry.





                                                                         
Batiste Dry Shampoo
I actually love this product. It has a very strong perfume-y scent, so that I didn't like very much. However, other than that, it was amazing. The price point is, well, on point. $8.99 for almost 7 ounces, and it lasted me for about 4 months -- that's with me using it very often! I'd say very often is every 3 days or so. I didn't repurchase this specific one because of the scent. I did, however, purchase Batiste in "a hint of paisley". They sucked me in because of the packaging, and because I love paisley, haha. It actually smells amazing, so that's good. It works just as well as the one pictured did, but doesn't have an overpowering scent.

Clean and Clear Morning Burst face wash
Again, this is another product that smells really good. Also, a little fun fact: this was the first face wash I ever picked out on my own. Obviously not the same bottle, but yeah... The smell is so good, but he face wash itself is just okay. It cleans, and it has a nice exfoliation (not too much, not too little), but it is a little drying. I have fairly normal to combination skin, and it would feel a little tight after I would wash my face.

Philosophy Candy Cane Scrub
Yes, yes, yes. This is everything that's good about wintertime, stuffed into a jar. Okay, that's not true, but again: this smells so good. I think I have a problem with products that smell good. Whatever. I really liked this product. I would fill my shower with the scent of peppermint candy canes the second I took the lid off. I loved it, Andy not so much (he doesn't like mint -- he's kind of a freak). This definitely got the job done. I mostly used it to exfoliate my legs before I shaved, and I felt like they were much softer afterwards when this was used, as opposed to when it was not. Also, this jar lasted forever, so don't be worried about it running out anytime soon.


Philosophy Pumpkin Pie body wash
Say it with me now: this smells so good. I'm just going to start copying and pasting that so I don't have to type it. Not only does it smell good, but it's actually pretty moisturizing. I've found a lot of body washes to sort of strip my skin and make them feel dry, but this did not do that at all. Also, I'm really curious as to how that recipe would turn out...

It's a 10 miracle leave-in product
Surprise! This does not smell good. It's a very over powering perfume smell. I almost didn't re-buy it because of the smell, but I really felt like it made my hair much more soft, healthy, shiny, etc. so I did end up picking it up again. Maybe I'll find something similar in the future.

Crest 3D White
This is a toothpaste. It whitens my teeth slightly, freshens my breath, and kills the germs in my mouth. Basically: it gets the job done. I've repurchased it about 4 times.

Benefit BadGal waterproof mascara
Love, love, love. One of my favorite mascaras. It definitely gives me volume and a little length, and never smudged on me (albeit I don't have oily eyelids).

Stila Stay All Day liquid eyeliner
I didn't really like this. It wasn't very opaque, and didn't have mind-blowing staying power like it claimed to. I'll just stick with my gel eyeliner.





Bodycology Toasted Vanilla Sugar scrub
Smells. Good. Of course it does, why wouldn't it? Vanilla and sugar? Yes please. I will say though, it's a pretty harsh scrub. There were times when I was using it and it genuinely hurt. It was basically just scratching at my skin, not gently exfoliating. I definitely won't be repurchasing this.

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque
From the 5 or so uses I got from this packet, I really liked this! However, for me it just felt like a conditioner. I am looking for a masque that's a little more hydrating. I really want to be wowed by my hair masque, and this just didn't do it. It's a great conditioner, but it just doesn't provide enough repair for me.








Aussie 3 Minute Miracle deep conditioner
This is a great conditioner -- on multiple points. I've really noticed my hair being much healthier and shinier now that I've been using it for a few months. It smells pretty good: kind of coconut-y  but it's a very soft scent, so not overpowering at all.  I also think the packaging is great -- there's no lid or anything. The product squeezes out of the bottom of it. I just think it's great. The best part about this product? The price. It's around $3 at your local Target.








So that's it for my first empties blog post! I'm pretty excited to finally have done this -- now I can throw all of these out!

Check out the video below to see me talk more about these products. Don't forget to subscribe while you're over there, so you don't miss any videos!



No comments:

Post a Comment